| A Welcome from the Headteacher
Welcome to Walney School.
We have a very simple goal, to ensure that all our students are supported to reach their potential and leave as happy, well-rounded individuals with the qualifications and skills they need for the next stage in their lives. We do this in a culture of wanting students to be:
Proud of their achievements | Proud of their school | Proud of their community
As Headteacher, I am really proud and feel very privileged to work in a school that puts its students and their community first. As parents, you place great trust in us to educate your children and ensure their personal development. We take this responsibility seriously and value the positive relationships that we have with parents. Please never hesitate to contact us if you have any views to offer.
John Richardson | HeadteacherRead More
Our school and our community are very special places. We strive to ensure that students, staff and parents are all:
Proud of our achievements
Proud of our school
Proud of our community
Everything we do to achieve this is underpinned by our values that we want every student to achieve well, to feel fully included in the life of the school, to contribute fully to our thriving environment and most importantly to feel that they belong within the school.
| Our Vision & Values
- We have high expectations of ourselves and others
- We recognise and reach our full potential: to be the best we can be
- Our contribution to the wider world through further education and employment is of value to our society
- We are recognised as individuals - being respected and heard
- We recognise others as individuals - being respectful and tolerant
- Our school is a place we want to be, a place we want to learn
- We contribute to our own learning experience; inside and outside the classroom
- We recognise the value in our contributions to our community
- Our role in providing for future generations is important to us
- We behave in a way that shows we are proud of ourselves, our school and our community
- We recognise that everyone has the right to feel safe and valued
- Our community is proud of us